Uncommon provides creative office space for entrepreneurs, start-ups and scale-ups from a wide range of industries; tech, media, fashion, F&B and more. We adapt our characterful buildings to comfortable and functional hubs; design-led and technology-focused facilities, coupled with extensive business services, events and personable approach ensures that the highest expectations of today’s innovative, creative and mobile workforce are met. Our philosophy is to create truly enterprising and inspiring work environment while giving our members their time back, through location, services and price.
A lot happens at Uncommon. It's a workspace that makes you feel good, so you do better. A creative yet calm environment. Supportive in every way. Come to you senses. Work at Uncommon.
Learn more about us at Uncommon.co.uk
About the Candidate
We are looking for experienced Community Manager to join our team in Borough and Highbury and Islington locations.
Are you an excellent communicator with a “can do” attitude, exceptional customer service skills, professional work ethics and willingness to go over and beyond to achieve performance targets?
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a career growth in highly dynamic co-working sector. We are looking for a hard working and dedicated individual who is looking for a fast-paced and challenging work environment working alongside super friendly and highly energetic team.
We would love to hear from you if you are a real team player, you have strong people skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritise the workload and work under pressure. Minimum 1 years’ experience in the hotel or hospitality industry (including serviced office and student accommodation) is required. Proven ability to manage various stakeholders at all levels. Experience of managing teams and supervision of junior employees. Proven track record of achieving business targets and exceeding expectations.
About the Role
This is a highly demanding position for someone looking for a challenging and invigorating work environment. You will be responsible for managing all member relationships at the location, being overall responsible for smooth operation of the building and all of its services as well as responsible for delivering member satisfaction. You will be managing a team of up to four people based at the property alongside various third parties providing various services.
You role will include the following:
Building and Facilities Management
- Being responsible for overall upkeep and maintenance of the building, ensuring presentability to members and guests, highest level of customer care and being responsible for overall performance of the location.
- Ensuring performance of all services in the building including security, cleaning, waste management, maintenance, IT and telephony to the highest of standards, directing any issues identified with any of the aforementioned services to the relevant teams and seeing those being addressed.
- Being the main point of contact for all member companies for any issues associated with maintenance and building facilities, raising those internally with relevant teams and seeing those being implemented while keeping the members up to date as to progress.
- Conducting regular walks through the building to ensure cleanliness, supply levels are adequately maintained, any maintenance issues are noted and addressed, building facilities are in working order, all members’ issues are addressed.
- Ensuring all supplies across the building are maintained and replenished when and as necessary. Overseeing performance of all utility contracts and directing any issues or queries to the relevant team.
- Conducting regular fire alarm testing and other statutory H&S tests as directed by facilities management team.
- Providing reports to senior management with commentary on any issues and suggestions on necessary improvements
Invoicing and Budgeting
- Working closely with accounts team in ensuring accurate invoices are issued to members and payments received on time.
- Following up with members on any overdue invoices and ensuring any overdue invoices have been settled
- Dealing with any issues or queries members might have in relation to invoicing, directing queries to accounts team and seeing through those issues being addressed and resolved.
- Providing reports to senior management with commentary on any issues and suggestions on necessary improvements relating to various services like cleaning, maintenance and security.
- Ensuring knowledge of all members by name, understanding their businesses’ needs and plans for growth.
- Overlooking move in process and organizing induction for new members.
- Being the main point of contact for all member companies in relation to any licence, maintenance, IT, invoicing or other issues.
- Directing these queries to relevant team and overseeing those being addressed.
- Conducting scheduled catch up meetings with member companies to understand their growth plans, any issues or concerns they might have with the space or the services and what improvements can be done to ensure their level of satisfaction is increased.
- Ensuring excellent levels of communications to members about any news updates, issues, or any upcoming events.
- Monitoring members’ level of satisfaction across the board and ensuring the highest level of service is maintained at all times.
- Providing reports to senior management with commentary on any issues and suggestions on necessary improvements relating to member services.
Sales & Occupancy
- Monitoring occupancy and ensuring desk rate and occupancy targets are achieved through working closely with sales team and front of house executives.
- Conducting viewings and supervising front of house executives in liaising with potential members. Evaluating potential opportunities of growth and anticipating any leavers within existing member base through conducting regular catch up meetings and planning ahead to ensure we are able to accommodate for any member growth; preparing occupancy forecast.
- Providing reports to senior management with commentary on any issues and suggestions on necessary improvements relating to how occupancy and achieved rates can be improved.
Staff Management and Supervision
- Supervising the performance of duties by front of house executives to the highest of standards. Ensuring excellent customer service and positive can do approach to all members.
- Supervision of F&B staff and front of house executives in setting up and performance of quarterly and weekly events like weekly member drinks, breakfasts, various parties and talks.
- Liaising closely with events and partnerships team in ensuring regular events, food, health & wellbeing and pop up retail partnerships are organised and carried out at the location effectively while ensuring member satisfaction.
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Ability to work from multiple locations in state of the art working environments
- Working alongside a dynamic and friendly team with regular team nights out and events
- Rapid growth organisation
- Opportunity for career growth and progression